Don´t drink and drive
The TruckWarn breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID) prevents the vehicle from starting under the influence of alcohol.
PreLock 85, the alcohol immobilizer from TruckWarn
The alcohol immobilizer consists of two parts: a hand-held device with a measurement indicator and a control unit, which is installed under the dashboard cover and within reach of the driver’s seat.
The driver first activates the ignition. Then, for example, a signal tone or an LED light on the handheld device prompts the driver to provide a breath sample. The hand-held device measures the alcohol concentration in the breath and after about five seconds the result is shown on the display.
If the measured breath alcohol value is not higher than the previously programmed value (e.g. a legal limit), the control unit activates the starter current. The engine can now be started.
However, if the exhaled alcohol concentration is too high, the control unit blocks the starter motor and thus prevents the engine from starting.
How an alcohol immobilizer works
The process of using an alcohol immobilizer from TruckWarn is quite simple:
- The driver turns the ignition key to start.
- Mandatory administration of a breathalyzer test is indicated.
- Through a mouthpiece (replaceable for hygienic reasons) on the hand-held device, the driver gives a breath sample.
- After approx. 5 seconds, the result of the breath alcohol content is shown on the display of the hand-held device.
- Only if the previously entered limit values are not exceeded, the ignition is enabled.
Nothing stands in the way of an alcohol-free and therefore safe journey in road traffic.
How We Help You Succeed…
Please visit also our internet presence of: TruckWarn
Read more about our PreLock 90 right now:
Contact Us For A Free Consult
Phone: +49 (0) 4822 3673 314